Emirates Diabetes and Endocrine Society
The Emirates Diabetes and Endocrine Society (EDES) is a non-profit medical society that was established in 1996. EDES represents a cross-section of physicians and healthcare providers who are actively involved in the management of diabetes and endocrinology.
The Emirates Diabetes and Endocrine Society is the primary medical society in the United Arab Emirates and its objectives are to increase, educate and promote the exchange of high-quality information about diabetes healthcare professionals, raise public awareness and encourage health improvement among the citizens and residents of the UAE. The society conducts a number of programs from education to public awareness campaigns to help achieve its objectives.
As the primary diabetes health care society, we play a crucial role in education for health care professionals as well as for patients. Our remit covers the following:
- Put diabetes at the top of our national agenda
- Support people affected by diabetes
- Support the community with education
- Provide the highest quality of scientific content that is available globally
- Provide the highest quality regional scientific meeting to keep HCP up to date
- Attract global meetings to UAE
- Develop and grow international partnerships